Applications for the Summer 2019-2021 cohort are now closed. If you would like to receive an email notification when the application for the Summer 2021-2023 opens, please complete the Contact Us form.
Candidates must meet the following minimum requirements.
Minimum of a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university. Applicants with degrees from outside the U.S. or Canada should contact the Klingenstein Center for guidance on submitting a course-by-course evaluation for U.S. equivalency.
- Three or more years of teaching experience. Exceptions to this policy may be granted in special circumstances. Candidates with questions about their eligibility should contact the Klingenstein Center.
- Currently teaching in an independent or international school and planning to teach in an independent or international school in the following academic year. Because there is considerable collaboration with the sponsoring school, you must be endorsed by your Head of School.
- GRE, MAT or GMAT scores.
- Previous academic accomplishment, job performance as determined by letters of recommendation, assessment of leadership potential and character are considered in students selection.
The application deadline for the cohort beginning in Summer 2021 are
- Priority Deadline - November 1, 2020
- Final Deadline - January 15, 2021
Applications received after the priority deadline will be considered on a space-available basis
How to Apply
The Klingenstein Center's Two-Summers Master's Degree program is offered through Teachers College at Columbia University. All degree candidates must apply to the Private School Leadership (Klingenstein) program through the Teachers College admission office. The application requires:
- a personal statement,
- two recommendations (one from the head of school and one from a division director or immediate supervisor),
- official undergraduate and graduate transcripts,
- a resume, and
- current GRE, GMAT or MAT scores.
For more information, or to apply, please visit the Teachers College online application.